It can be upsetting if a person you care about is being abused and it may be difficult to know what to do. There are steps you can take to help your friend or family member.

  • If you believe a person is in IMMEDIATE danger, please call the police on 999.

    Alternatively, you can call 101 for non-emergencies

  • What else can you do?

    Try and persuade the person who have concerns about to make contact wit hte police and support them to make a complaint.

    They can also contact independent agencies such as:

    National Domestic Violence Helplinw